Amplification of the Repetitive DNA..

This morning, I performed the conventional PCR with the hope to amplify the repetitive region of the spidroin. Previously, I had a difficult time to get the extended N-terminal with the repetitive region along in which I obtained a very fainted band. The more I repeated the same experiment, the same result I got. Thus, today, I schemed out a plan to make 10 tubes of PCR hoping that when they were pooled together in one large well, the sharp band could be obtained. After 4 hours of amplifcation and ran on one large well gel, what I found was that nothing was obtained! Oh gosh, why is it so hard to amplify the repetitive region? I read up somewhere from few papers saying that amplifying the repetitive DNA is one HELL way to do because the region can possibly form hairpin loop; more like a secondary structure..What should I do? I need to plan something more vigorous and thorough then!



Comments

Popular Posts