Expression Plasmid Vector for Spider

 Hey guys,

I have been quite hectic these days due to classes and lectures.. Ever since I reported back duty at the university, tones of work were pilling up in the office. Yet, I will try find some free time to post something on here about GM spideys. Today, I want to talk about plasmid based expression vector for spider. As far as I know, no expression vectors have been developed for heterogeneous expression of recombinant proteins etc. in spider. I have searched in many articles about this but none reported any. This would a big hurdle for me to perform GFP knockin in spider silk gene system. But, I came across some papers saying that dsDNA or ssDNA could be used as a vector via homologous direct repair (HDR) in CRISPR based method to induce gene knockin. I think this is a good indicator and a potential candidate for me to try it out. I will further my research about this and see it can work or otherwise.

(source: https://www.neb.com/en/protocols/2022/03/04/protocol-for-bridging-double-stranded-dna-with-a-single-stranded-dna-oligo-using-nebuilder-hifi-dna-assembly)

Comments

Popular Posts