QC Test of Total RNA from Lyoni Spiderling

 Yesterday, I was really relieved to get informed by the QC test committee that the total RNA that I extracted from the 1st instar spiderlings of C. lyoni had successfully passed the QC test before it can be subjected to library establishment for transcriptomic analysis. Although the RIN value was 5.1, I found that it was pretty not reliable as many studies have shown that the RIN value for arthropods particularly in insects and spiders is not practical due to the fact that they have unique total RNA profile which differ from that of vertebrates. The same thing also is observed in my total RNA sample. But anyway, since it is ranked as A, I hope that many gene transcripts especially the spidroin genes can be elucidated from the analysis... Crossing fingers from now on!

                                                                           

                                                                

Comments

Popular Posts