PacBio Grant Applied~~

 Hello folks,

Today I have an exciting news to share. I had just submitted a PacBio grant application for whole genome sequencing of Lyoni spider. This is because my Ph.D project does not have funding and I confessed that I had forked out almost 90% of my savings to complete the project. Well, who wants to give money for such a project right? Hacking the spider genome? Seriously? But I did apply few research grants from several institutes and companies during the study period but all was in vain. I got the same answer either saying 'Your application was not in the best interest' or worst, 'NO REPLY' at all. It was really not easy to do a project without financial assistance and there was time I felt to give up halfway but I did survive until now, trying to finish up with the thesis write up though the process kind of slow. I am crossing fingers to get this grant at least before graduating. To be honest, this was the 3rd time I applied for this grant. See you guys next time.~~

 

Comments

Popular Posts