Feeding the 5th Inbred Line of Lyoni Spider Culture

 It has been a year since I conducted the inbreeding study of the lyoni spiders under the laboratory condition. Starting from wildly collected individuals, I kept mating the progeny with the same siblings randomly to get the next progeny line. Of course, there is a scheme that I am following to do so and I am now at the 5th generation. Although it was easy for the first 2 to 3 generations, I encountered significant hurdles during the 4th generation until now.. The numbers of egg hatched and surviving individuals are deceasing generation by generation..Hopefully, I can get to inbreed for many generations up to 20..This morning I managed to feed the 2nd instar of the 5th gen with small fruit flies...Please grow well baby....


The 2nd instar of my 5th inbred lyoni line.. please grow well ya...
 
                         This my work place of breeding  the lyoni spiders in the lab.. I am so grateful..


 The numbers of lyoni cultures are expanding. The shelve can no longer accommodate the rearing containers so I am placing them on the island bench.

Comments

Popular Posts