Genotyping PCR

 It has been a while since I posted the last progress. Though, this post was an actually a flashback of the previous work that I did last August, but still I wanted to share with you guys. Back there in August 2022...today, I had a chance to perform the genotyping of the 'mutant' samples. After running the PCR on agarose gel, I could not obtain any prominent deletion bands. Feeling so unsatisfactory, I ran the samples on 2% polyacrylamide non-denaturing gel and for the first time the bands were so sharp and looked neat. But still, no obvious deletion bands were found. Nonetheless, I found that the bands were somehow not in the same position as some bands were identically similar in movement but few were slower. So, I thought the slower migrating bands could be the deletion bands I was looking for. What I did next was cutting the gel from the PAGE gel, extracting DNA from the gel overnight in water at 37 degrees and finally sent them for sequencing. I hope that I would be getting positive result from this~~Lets cross fingers for this yoshi~~



Comments

Popular Posts