It's Easy to be Spidroin~~

In the previous post, I did mention that the sequencing of MaSpCL yielded nothing but gDNA ecoli and vector backbone sequences. However, I was not satisfied and asked the lab for the raw data to go through one by one. After receiving the data, I immediately began the investigation. Indeed there were like hundreds of sequences with sizes more than 10kb! While doing so, I somehow found few sequences with repeated nucleotides and after translated them, they yielded the pattern of a repetitive region! Not one sequence, but almost all of them! And so, I told the lab that I am very confident the right sequence of MaSpCL is there somewhere in the data and it needs a refinement which will take sometimes to do it..Next week, I will send a new plasmid sample for subsequent sequencing. Crossing fingers to this!



Comments

Popular Posts