Farewell 2023, Welcome 2024 with Gene Edited Spidey!?

Hello folks, 

Today is the last day of 2023 and tomorrow will be the new day in 2024! And so will be the direction of this molecular project. Why did I say so? Because, I think I have developed the world first gene edited spider! It began after back-crossing the normally developed spiders that I could save from the last CRISPR experiment last year. What I found that each time of back-crossing, 2 to 3 abnormal spiders showing the same anomalies with that of their injected parents were obtained! Unfortunately, I did not check their genotypes and compared with their parents' but yesterday, I double-checked the genotypes from two abnormal prenymphs obtained. Surprisingly, there was a low additional band along with the intact DNA band and the size exactly matched that of their parents'. Eureka! Is this a new horizon for my research next year?? I was really really happy! Tomorrow I will run the DNA on PAGE gel to get a very sharp band! Crossing fingers to this! See you guys next year~~



 

Comments

Popular Posts