To be or not To be a Mutant, that's the Q..

This morning, the eggs hatched into prenymphs. When I placed them under the microscope, their morphology did not differ from that of the normal ones. So, I wondered if the Cas9 injection did not exert any deleterious effect on the silk gene. All of them had the ability to spin down silk while walking except for two. I was kinda sobbed but that did not stop me from waiting for another 3 days to see if they could undergo the 1st molt. After 3 days, they molted but the two prenymphs somehow displayed an abnormal molt and when I observed under the microscope, they were totally diferent and one thing for sure they could not spin silk or walk! Were they the result of the Cas9's notorious effect? I need to wait for the other 3 batches to confirm this..Crossing fingers to this~~~

From https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3QlGA


Comments

Popular Posts