A Mother's Cannibalism for Dead Embryos

This morning when I checked the condition of the eggs in the incubator, I was really surprised to find that one female has eaten all of her eggs!. I know that egg mass contained lots of dead embryos as observed from the black colour. But I could not distinguish the undeveloped eggs as they were almost the same colour like the developing ones. I guess, only mother knows the best of her eggs~And so after consuming the egg mass, she dropped the sac from the web however, when I scrutinized over the sac, there was one intact egg and immediately, I placed it in a container and put into incubation. I was hoping that this surviving egg will develop well and get its silk gene edited by Cas9 RNPs. IS it the ONE?? Crossing fingers to this~~

   Are there any Cas9 edited embryos in there? Waiting and patiently pray to God for a positive result~


Comments

Popular Posts