The D-Day

Yesterday was the most prestigious day in my PhD life because I had the chance to microinject CRSPR Cas9 into the lyoni spider in reality for the first time! However this time, I did not use the embryo itself instead I chose to work on the adult female spider following the study by Shirai et al. (2022). Though the injection was somehow successful, there was time when leaks occurred every time I pulled the needle from the puncture site. The leaks looked like hemolymph to me as it coagulated upon drying and hipefully not the backflow of the injected reagent~ So today, I am going to feed them after allowing for a one day recovery from the injection. Crossing fingers to this, yosh~

                                   CRISPR-Cas9 injected spiders were recovering after the injection


Comments

Popular Posts