Lab Inbred Strain Development


AFter a long time of screening on which species I should use for my PhD project; a decision has been finally made. The cellar spider, Crossopriza lyoni suits the best. It was a hard time to select the right species to work with. I had to spend almost a year to do so.  So after a long discussion with the SV and the Co-Sv, I was advisable to start out with the lab inbred strain prior to genetic modification. Right now, I managed to go for F1 generation.




     The stage 2 spiderlings as well as the selected adults are happy to grow in the incubator as they increase in body size, always craving for flies and mate and produce eggs..

 
Some of the stage-2 segregated individuals of C. lyoni after undergoing18 days of artificial  
     incubation and successfully hatched.


Comments

Popular Posts